Learn the main techniques and strategies for all
the question types.
Develop your skills and knowledge together with others.
Succeed by achieving your potential and reaching
the school of your choice.
In 2016, the Government made some changes to the way that Key Stage 2 SATs (Standard Assessment Tests) were taught and assessed. A year later, and the new SATs are now in full swing.
The aim of the new Key Stage 2 SATs are to ensure a fairer and more advanced way of assessing pupils. It was thought that the previous SATs were too easy, and that the exams needed to be modified in order to assess children to a higher standard. The purpose of the new and revised SATs is to ensure these tests remain rigorous and therefore, proving to be of a much higher standard to previous SATs. Ultimately, your child’s scores in their SATs will be used in conjunction with classroom assessments, in order to provide a general overview of a child’s attainment and progression during that academic year.
Teachitright have produced a set of plans which will cover all the different areas of the SATs exams and will build up the necessary skills and confidence levels to achieve excellent results in the exams towards the end of year 6 (May).
What does the Key Stage 2 SATs paper cover?
At the end of Year 6, children sit tests in:
- Maths – The children will sit three papers, one in arithmetic and two in reasoning
- Reading – One paper which includes three passages of text
- English spelling, punctuation and grammar – This consists of two parts, a grammar and punctuation paper and an aural spelling test of 20 words
- Science (sampling test every other year)
The papers are set and marked externally to help measure the school’s performance as well as your child’s.
How can Teachitright support your child with their SATs tests?
The course will help with:
- Building confidence
- Exam technique including time management
- Familiarisation with the vocabulary e.g. determiners & adverbial phrases
- Concentrating on individual development needs
We will be holding SATs classes at the following locations from January 2020:
When? January 2021 to May 2021
Monday 4.30pm – 6.30pm at Teachitright Head Office, Camberley/Online
If you are interested in enrolling your child on one of our SATs course please contact us.